Perfect Peach Cobbler
Our perfect peach cobbler is packed with a bushel of fresh peaches from our local farmer and topped with a gorgeous melt in the mouth cakey crust!
cobbler is an improvisation of the ever- popular pie recipe that circulated around Europe and the United States in the 1800's - commonly made using canned, dried or preserved fruit and topped off with a light, leavened cinnamon and sugary crust.
I personally think it resembles the delicious Lotus' biscoff biscuit ;)
This recipe calls for a 9"x9" baking tray or oven proof dish.
- 2 x 410g cans of sliced and drained peaches or preferably 6 freshly sliced peaches.
- 100g caster sugar to incorporate into the cakey mixture plus 20g for sprinkling.
- 1 tsp ginger powder.
- 150g self- raising flour.
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder.
- 150g butter, chilled and cubed, plus extra for greasing.
- 1 medium sized egg.
- A pinch of seasoning salt.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Grease and line baking dish with butter and greaseproof paper.
- Pour your sliced peaches into your dish and dust with 20g caster sugar and ginger powder.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients: Flour, butter, sugar, cinnamon, egg and a pinch of salt.
- Spread the mix over the top of the peaches, dust over a little caster sugar then bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown!
- This dessert, breakfast or even lunch is absolutely best served with lush serving of Club Rozalie's Peach Cobbler Granola and topped off with whipped cream!