Apple Crumble with Apple and Walnut Granola
Caramelized cinnamon spiced apples, topped with a crunchy and flavourful granola!
Apple Crumble or otherwise known as Apple Crisp, is a staple desert enjoyed by many across the world with various flavours and variations.
Now, what separates this recipe from the rest of the bunch is our very own Club Rozalie, Apple and Walnut Granola topping!
This post is filled with useful tips n' tricks to ensure that your crimble crumble is the star of the show, at the dining table.
This recipe calls for a 9"x9" baking tray or oven proof dish.
- 4-5 Brambly Cooking Apples
- 60g Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (or to your taste)
- 2.5 fl oz Water
- Crumble: 230g Flour
- 150g Butter
- 50g Apple & Walnut granola
- 110g Caster Sugar
- Cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 160c.
- Peel, core and chop your Apples to your desired size.
- Chuck in your chopped Bramley Apples, Cinnamon, Vanilla, brown sugar and water into a saucepan.
- Simmer on a low - medium heat for 7 minutes or until caramelized.
- Add Flour, Butter, Caster Sugar and a bit of cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Using your finger tips, rub together the mixture until you reach fine crumbs.
- Leave in some chunks for added crunch!
- Pour your Apple mixture into your desired dish then spread an even layer of crumble over the top!
- Then bake at 180c for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Apple sauce bubbling up the side is an indicator that your crumble is ready.
- Allow your crumble to rest for 10 minutes, and dig in!
- Garnish your crumble with whatever you'd like, we've used our staple Apple and Walnut granola mix along with dried Cranberries for a fun pop of colour and additional chew!